Better Energy Homes – Retrofit Programme
McKeon Group is a registered contractor under the Better Energy Homes Retrofit Programme.
With our background in specialist control systems, we can also Design, Supply and Install Heating Controls under the Grant Scheme.
Our insulation team has vast experience installing insulation in occupied premises, both domestic and commercial.
Our Better Energy Services Include:
• Attic/Roof Insulation
• Cavity Wall Insulation
• Internal Wall Dry Lining & External Wall Insulation
• Installation of a High Efficiency (> 90%) Gas or Oil fired Boilers with Heating Controls Upgrade*
• Heating Controls Upgrade*
• Building Energy Rating (BER) – is an integral part to the scheme and is undertaken after grant aided works are completed **
What Grants are available?
Grants are available to eligible applicants for undertaking the following works, in accordance with the requirements contractor Code of Practice Technical Specification. Please note that these grant levels are different to those previously availabile under the Home Energy Saving scheme
*Cash Grants are set value unless expenditure is below the set value, in which case the actual expenditure will be reimbursed.
**A Building Energy Rating (BER) is an integral part of all grant applications under the Better Energy Homes scheme, whereby homeowners must undertake a BER on their home after grant aided works have been completed. A homeowner is entitled to BER funding of €50 once per home. This funding will be applied to your grant application automatically provided you have never applied previously for BER funding. You will be informed during the online grant application process if BER funding is available for your home or as part of your Letter of Grant Offer if you have applied through the post. It is advisable that you apply for and undertake all planned grant aided works at the same time to minimise the costs of multiple BER assessments.
*** Internal and external wall insulation grants will no longer be one single amount, but rather be based upon the house type.
- The minimum grant amount for the first application must be €400.
- A BER grant, where applicable, does not count towards the €400 minimum.
- In the instance where a Contractor is completing works within his own home then only the cost of materials will be deemed qualifying expenditure. Grants are claimed after the measures are completed and the contractor has been paid by or entered a financing agreement with the homeowner.
Source: SEAI – Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland
What do I do next? How do I apply?
The best thing to do next is Contact Us and arrange for one of our insulation and heating specialists to call out to your home. Once on-site we will assess your current insulation and heating system. We will then make suggestions as to what measures are best for you. We will also prepare a quotation for any works involved. We can also guide you through the grant application process.
There is a minimum charge of €99 + VAT (€112.37) for an on-site survey. This will be refunded if you decide to proceed with any works.
You can apply for the grants on the SEAI website simply list McKeon Group as your preferred contractor. Our Registration Number is: 11032
Please read the Better Energy Homes Application Guide