Domestic & Commercial BER Services

No comments Archived News

ber_cert www.mckeon.ieCiall* can carry out a BER survey at your premises and provide you with a registered BER Certificate. All of our BER assessors are Construction Professionals who work with our parent company McKeon Construction Ltd (Construction Managers/Quantity Surveyors/Architects), so you can be assured of the best possible service.

SEI Registered BER assessor Company No: 104948
Domestic BER

A BER is similar to the energy label for a household electrical appliance like your fridge. The label has a scale of A-G. A-rated homes are the most energy efficient and G the least efficient.

From the 1st of January 2009 a BER certificate is compulsory for all homes being sold or rented. If you are buying or renting a new house or apartment now, you are entitled to a BER – so do ask the seller/landlord or their agent for it.

All new homes (even when not for sale) must have a BER certificate before they are occupied as detailed under S.I. 666 under

BER assessments performed on new dwellings will also help determine compliance to Part L of the Building Regulations.
Non Domestic BER

A Non Domestic BER is similar to a Domestic BER but must be carried out by an assessor registered as a “Non Domestic BER Assessor”. The BER assessor follows the Non Domestic Energy Assessment Procedure(NEAP) to calculate the BER and generate the advisory report. The assessment is submitted for publication on the national BER register.

Implementation Dates

  • 1 July 2008 – BER of new non-domestic buildings for which planning permission is applied on/after that date.
  • 1 January 2009 – BER of existing buildings, when offered for sale or rent.

To see what a Building Energy Rating Certificate looks like please click here.
For more information and pricing please Contact Us.

*Ciall Telecommunications now Trading as McKeon Group